Fish farming, or aquaculture is a growing industry
Increased consumer demand puts pressure on fish farmers to intensify their production. Fish production can be increased as long as sufficient oxygen, fresh water and food are provided. Regulated fish farming reduces the potential negative impact on the environment, due to oxygen depletion and ensures that fish do not suffer from an improper oxygen balance. The fish are healthier when they are raised in an oxygen rich environment.
An Oxygen Generator using PSA technology is safe, reliable and easy to operate. Bigger generators are typically used for large fish hatcheries and ponds, however Oxywise generators can be supplied from 5 – 430 m3/h, with outlet pressures from 2 to 8 barG.
Benefits of Using Oxygen Generators in the Aquaculture Industry
- Increase in stock density by maintaining a higher level of Dissolved Oxygen
- Preventing ice formation during winter
- Increase in the oxygen content when compared to a typical air-fed aerating system
- Uniform Dissolved Oxygen levels throughout
- Feed gas can be provided to an existing Ozone generator for disinfection purposes.