In laser cutting the laser beam melts the material and high-pressure nitrogen forces the metal quickly to harden. As nitrogen has a shielding effect, the cutting area is protected against 'bluing' and oxidation.
Using high-pressure nitrogen for laser cutting of steel and metal has many benefits over alternatives such as oxygen:
Nitrogen protects the metal from corrosion
- no oxidation of the steel occurs.
- No additional heat is generated.
- A high quality (clean-cut) edge is achieved.
- The clean cut makes it easy to weld and paint or powder-coat the metal.
- Paint will not fall off the edges.
This laser cutting facility is only 25 minutes drive from our factory. Installed LaserGas system considerably reduces costs of nitrogen with efficiency about 0.8kWh/kg or 1.1kWh/Nm3.Read More
Metal sheets service center located in Czech republic, has decided to move from traditional gas supply to our on-site nitrogen generation.Read More
The key to being competitive in the laser cutting industry is productivity - getting more finished parts off of the machine per day and at a lower production costs.Read More